Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012


I love surprises! Well that's not entirely true, I love being apart of surprises. Sometimes I tend to be a bit to much of a planner to appreciate surprises for myself. But, getting to help plan a special gift for loved ones of two different families.Being apart of them this way has been such an amazing blessing.  Both were birthday gifts and both turned out better then I expected.


My first surprise session was for a beautiful lady, Amy, whom I met working for the credit union. She recently became a wife to an awesome man and a mommy to one adorable little girl, Lilyann. She wanted to do something special for her husband Joe's birthday. Surprises I think are similar for her husband as they are for me. But, surprise gifts... well those are a different story (wink, wink). So we planned a session for his birthday. Pictures of his two most special ladies! 


Amy's husband is a huge Oregon Ducks fan, and our session wouldn't have been complete without some Duck's apparel. Which of course were some of his favorite photos. We had so much fun on a surprisingly warm and sunny day at the end of March. Though Lilyann was at first not to keen on our photo session, a full belly and Amy's sister Melissa giving apparently a wonderful show behind me made for some super smiles toward the end of our time.
   


My next surprise session was for another birthday. This one was for a mom of four young men. Her oldest, Oran, thought it would be special to get photos taken of him and his brothers. I was so excited for this session, it was my first session where I got to travel. When Oran first approached me about doing the session he already had a location in mind. He wanted to make the day more exciting and enjoyable for his little brothers, so Westport's beaches it was. 


I truly enjoyed getting to be in such a relaxing environment for these photos. I absolutely love the beach. There is nothing more amazing to look out into the ocean and realize the grand creation surrounding you! Oran's brothers were great sports in smiling and running around all parts of Westport as I took photos of them. I really love getting to know people during our time together and these boys were great! 







This surprise has yet to be revealed and I am sooo excited to hear the reaction. I even got a sneak peak of the photos Oran chose to frame. He's got a pretty amazing heart to plan such a precious way to show his mom how special she is to all of them.


 I am so grateful for the chance to be a part of making these two people's birthdays a bit more special. I usually get to capture love between people. This was my first time getting to capture love for someone. I so appreciate both of these opportunities. And I pray that these photos are as special for those that received them as they were for me to capture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment