Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Today is the day. Today is the day I will add more to my blog. Make it more a photography page. I have had such an overflow of support in starting this venture. I have many people asking me to take photos for them. I get positive comments all the time. So much encouragement has been given to me during this new adventure I find myself on. My aunt and I were talking today about how we are often our own worst critic. Which I believe to be very true. You would think that by now I wouldn't be so critical on myself. But, alas I find my mind telling me you aren't good enough.... you don't have enough experience. To a small degree it is making me continually try to learn new things. Helping spur me onto new challenges, but there is also the immobilizing portion of self critiquing. Those destructive words which only seem to slow progress and cause doubt. For those of you in the same boat. Don't give in! Don't allow destructive words to stop you. I know God didn't give me this dream to tease me, but to stretch me to become a better person. May your dreams lead you to the person you were meant to be.


This last week I had an opportunity to take some photos for a dear work friend of mine. She was in need to some self portraits for her blog. A blog I find very addicting I might add. She is the author of Blue Roof Cabin, a do it yourself blog with some inspiring projects. Her writing twists in humor and steps of each project throughout. She is a beautiful lady I have been truly blessed to get to know her.   She has encouraged me with starting this blog of mine and I am so grateful!




One of the things I have learned from her blog is her love for a very certain color. A color we happened upon while walking down an alley back to work. This amazing door had all of my favorite aged features. The color was simply a happy addition. Her passion goes far beyond a simple color, it includes taking discarded items and giving them new life. I love her before and afters. I am always immensely impressed with her capabilities and the quality pieces she creates. I encourage you to follow her as well! 

  


Another week another adventure. I will leave you this week with my reminder from a message I heard recently:
Life is not about keeping rules.
It is about what rules in your heart.

May my life be forever changed by what rules in my heart and Lord may that be You!

3 comments:

  1. Great pics of one of my favorite people!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you April! I have so enjoyed this whole process with you. Even though I don't like pictures of myself I have to admit you took some amazing photos of me and I LOVE them. You take pictures with your heart and it shows. There is nothing more beautiful than watching someone use the gifts god gave them, it's inspiring. The funnest part for me was watching you do your thing. Don't let the negative thoughts creep in, I struggle with that myself so I know how hard that can be. You are amazing, I am so thankful for our friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so glad. Maybe one day we can even get your husband in a few... maybe... ;)

      Delete