Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

 New year... new beginnings. Each new year is usually followed by New Year's resolutions. I have never been big on resolutions. They usually end within the first month of the year. However, this year was a little different. My little family is facing a few big changes. One of those changes is giving this whole business venture a real go. Not a 100%, since my job is currently the stable income for our family. But, most of our free time is split between me taking photos, Charles learning new media skills, photo editing and attempting to organize all the things you don't think of when you start a business.  




As we reach the second month of the year my first resolution in a long time seems to be working out pretty well. My goal for this year is to try and have at least two shoots a month, and once a month challenge myself with a photo scavenger hunt. I know that with anything in life the only way to grow is to test your skills, knowledge and learn new things. I pray and hope for a year of just that. 
I look forward to the many people this year will allow me to share life with. And for the many moments I will get to share with you. I am blessed with a gift beyond measure, time spent making people laugh, capturing some wonderful moments with them and growing in relationship with each of them along the way.



Through the last month I was able to do two full sessions, one mini session and one snow/night scavenger hunt. Keeping up with my goals for the year and two of which are shared on this post. Two handsome young men and an amazing and very funny family. I love the time I am spending with people!



This year also holds a bit of uncertainty. God is bigger than those things I don't understand. One of which is my husband having to seek additional employment. I knew rather quickly a few years ago when God placed  him as the children's pastor at our church it would be a perfect fit. It truly has been. Unfortunately, the economy has not left our church unaffected. We face a shortfall and we are prayerfully seeking what God's wants of us in this time. We know He will provide. Even through the confusion, He is there. 



Matthew 6:34 "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today"




As the second month of the year begins, may I concentrate each day one at a time on the Lord first and foremost and second on what He is asking of me that day. Prayerfully I step into a new month. Taking one day at a time and hoping for a month of opportunities to share more time and more captured moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment